After taking a short goal-setting break in August (end of summer vacation and back to school had life a little crazy), I'm excited to dive back into this practice with a few new goals for September.
September is one of my favorite months of the year. I am the biggest fan of all things pumpkin (decor, food, beer, patches, you name it, I'm pretty much all about it #noshame in my basic game), it's my wedding anniversary month, the start of fall festivals and apple orchards, and if mother nature is kind enough, it's the beginning of cooler weather which means flannels, scarves, sweatshirts and jeans!
I've also found the September is a great month to reset, let's call it the new January. In fact, I'd once heard that some people find September more of time to restart than January and in some regard, I kind of agree. The close of summer and the start of the school is a nice time to take stock of year to date. It's the perfect time to think about what habits are going well, which should be continued, and which to change. It's a nice point in the year to evaluate your overall yearly goals and determine where to place your focus the last four months of the year. With just over one hundred days left in the year, it's time to make the most of 2019 so we close out the year feeling our best.
As for me, I've got a few goals for September that will continue to place emphasis on my previous monthly goals as well as a couple goals that will help me feel better heading into the holiday season.
September's Goals/Action Steps:
- Now that school is back in session, time to create a 'me time' routine. This includes but is not limited to meditation time, gratitude journaling, reading and other self-care type items. For September, my goal is to spend 10-15 minutes each morning on this routine.
- Especially with it being our anniversary this month; plan a date night for my husband and make evening plans/dinner reservations.
- Pick back up my reading goal to one read just one new self-care/self-improvement books by the end of September; reading a minimum of twenty minutes per day before bed.
- Maintaining overall health & fitness by:
- Complete the offical September Whole30.
- Workout five-six days per week with a mix of yoga, cardio and strength training sessions.
- Try out a new gym, CU Women's Boxing, for September's gym of the month blog focus.
- Attend one or more social/networking event by the end of the month.
- Continue to work on growing my business, Blended Balance Fitness.
- Attend Momology Extravaganza event in late-September.
- Plan the second Saturday Sweat CU event.
- Promote availability of online training as an option for attracting new clients.
- Utlize social media to expand brand presence.
- Continue collaborations with local entpreneuers.
As before, and in line with my 2019 word of the year, BRAVE, I also want to do one thing this month that puts me outside of my comfort zone. The classes at CU Women's Boxing will definitely push me into my discomfort zone but I'm going to think on one additional thing to stretch me a little bit this month. Got any ideas for me??
What goals are you working on for the month of September? I'd love to work together to keep each other motivated and hold each other accountable. I'd also encourage you to check out my book notes for Your Best Year Ever. This book helped me a great deal in laying out my 2019 goals and the approach I've taken to work towards achieving these goals. Let me know what you've got in store this month and let's rock out our monthly goals together!