Even though it's still felt a bit like summer here the past couple of days, I am super stoked for October! This time of year is one of my favorites as I live for the fall and everything that comes with it. I cannot wait to put my birks away for the remainder of 2019 and consistently start wearing long sleeves all day long. Also, give me all the fall food, festivals, Oktoberfests, pumpkin patches and Halloween parties. I love every bit of it!
Before diving any further into the all excitement that October is giving me, let me take a peek back at September. Last month, I called September the new January and in many ways it did kind of feel that way (except it wasn't freezing and snowing which I am totally down with!). Since I skipped goal-setting in August, September felt like a clean slate heading into the end of the year and I think it was the extra boost I needed to rock out last month's goals.
Looking back ~ ~ September Goal Review:
- Now that school is back in session, time to create a 'me time' routine. This includes but is not limited to meditation time, gratitude journaling, reading and other self-care type items. For September, my goal is to spend 10-15 minutes each morning on this routine. UPDATE ~ I finally did it! I restarted my gratitude journaling and #MindRight meditation in the mornings. It feels SO, SO good! I cannot wait to continue this goal throughout the rest of the year.
- Especially with it being our anniversary this month; plan a date night for my husband and make evening plans/dinner reservations. UPDATE ~ Not only did my husband and I get an anniversary dinner. We got an anniversary weekend away! The two of us enjoyed a kid-free, just-us weekend in Indianapolis for our anniversary. It was perfection!
- Pick back up my reading goal to one read just one new self-care/self-improvement books by the end of September; reading a minimum of twenty minutes per day before bed. UPDATE ~ Nailed it. I finished Jesse Itzler's Living With The Monks and LOVED it!
- Maintaining overall health & fitness by: Complete the offical September Whole30. Workout five-six days per week with a mix of yoga, cardio and strength training sessions. Try out a new gym, CU Women's Boxing, for September's gym of the month blog focus. UPDATE ~ September was super successful when it comes to health & fitness. I rocked my September Whole30 making. Today is actually my first day of reintroduction! There will be an entirely different blog post dedicated to recapping this past round. Workouts also were on point and I loved my September featured gym, CU Women's Boxing, so much that I'm now an official member!
- Attend one or more social/networking event by the end of the month. UPDATE ~ Throughout September I attended a few different social and networking events. A couple of highlights included Tuesday's Together which focused on everyone's favorite Instagram and a Social Squad meet-up. The Social Squad event coincided with our anniversary weekend in Indy and I'm so glad that I went. It took me out of my comfort zone to attend an event in which I knew hardly anyone (mostly just interfaced on social) but it was one of the most fun events I'd been to all year!
- Continue to work on growing my business, Blended Balance Fitness. Attend Momology Extravaganza event in late-September. Plan the second Saturday Sweat CU event. Promote availability of online training as an option for attracting new clients. Utlize social media to expand brand presence. Continue collaborations with local entpreneuers. UPDATE ~ Business is going so well! The Momology event last weekend was awesome. I met several new people and potential clients. I'm continuing to promote my business via social and in-person (like with the Momology event). My fellow Saturday Sweat gals and myself have not only planned one additional Sweat event but we've got two on the horizon this fall! And, I've got a couple other exciting events that I'm attending/hosting next month that I cannot wait to share more as details come available!
Suffice to say gang, September was a fantastic month. I am feeling amazing (kudos to you Whole30!) heading into October and feel ready to crush these last 90 days of 2019!
Speaking of October....let me line up those goals!!
October's Goals/Action Steps:
- Continued focus on my 'me time' routine. This includes but is not limited to meditation time, gratitude journaling, reading and other self-care type items. For October, my goal is to spend 10-15 minutes each morning on this routine.
- Plan a date night for my husband and make evening plans/dinner reservations.
- Continue my reading goal to one read one new self-care/self-improvement books by the end of October.
- Maintaining overall health & fitness by:
- Continue my Whole30 journey with the reintroduction process. Focus on my Food Freedom and understanding what that looks like for me.
- Workout five-six days per week with a mix of yoga, cardio and strength training sessions.
- Try out a new gym, University Ave CrossFit, for October's gym of the month blog focus.
- Attend one or more social/networking event by the end of the month.
- October includes the next 5 Things event which I'm super stoked for!
- Continue work on growing my business, Blended Balance Fitness.
- Continue planning the next two Sweat CU (new name!) events. We've got our second one coming up this month, October 24th and then we are gearing up for our third event the first Saturday in November.
- Promote availability of online training as an option for attracting new clients.
- Utlize social media to expand brand presence.
- Lead a group workout for Illini CHAARG.
- Co-host a health & wellness event October 20th at En Route Fashion Boutique.
- Continue collaborations with local entpreneuers.
As before, and in line with my 2019 word of the year, BRAVE, I also want to do one thing this month that puts me outside of my comfort zone. Last month, attending the Social Squad event was definitely a stretch into my discomfort zone and it ended up being more fun that I would have ever thought! AND, I got to meet so many new amazing friends!
What goals are you working on for the month of October or better yet the last 90 days of the year? I'd love to work together to keep each other motivated and hold each other accountable. I'd also encourage you to check out my book notes for Your Best Year Ever. This book helped me a great deal in laying out my 2019 goals and the approach I've taken to work towards achieving these goals. Let me know what you've got in store this month and let's rock out our monthly goals together!