Or, should I say welcome winter?! My view, as I sat down to prepare November's goals, is a snow-covered screen porch and yard. I am not even ready for this. The start of October's post talked about it still feeling like summer and here we are looking and feeling like straight-up winter outside. This is the time of year where I pretty much live in a beanie and sweatshirt 24/7 and while I'm not mad about that, I'm not ready for the cold and snow.
November is exciting though. We've got Thanksgiving to celebrate later this month then Christmas is just on the horizon. I'm one of those early Christmas decorators too. I absolutely love it and while I do enjoy Thanksgiving, I freaking LOVE Christmas, LOVE IT, so I want all the decor up (pretty much now) so I can enjoy it for as long as possible!
Before I get any further into November, I must take a moment to reflect on October. I don't know about you, but for me, the month seemed to last like a week (and the outcome of some of my goals reflect that).
Looking back ~ ~ October Goal Review:
- Continued focus on my 'me time' routine. This includes but is not limited to meditation time, gratitude journaling, reading and other self-care type items. For October, my goal is to spend 10-15 minutes each morning on this routine. UPDATE ~ While I rocked this goal for September, I totally neglected it in October. It's not going anywhere though because this is something I truly want to prioritize, figure out how I can add within my day and make it happen.
- Plan a date night for my husband and make evening plans/dinner reservations. UPDATE ~ Yes! We did this for October and I also conquered a fear in the process! My husband and I enjoyed a double-date night with some good friends for dinner followed by a haunted house. It's true I love Halloween but what I do not love are haunted houses. I rallied with the gang (my word of the year BRAVE telling me I could do it) and I made it through!
- Continue my reading goal to one read one new self-care/self-improvement books by the end of October. UPDATE ~ Missed, sort of. I'm still working my way through my chosen book for October, Over The Top, by Jonathan Van Ness. I'm goaling myself for November to finish this PLUS read another book by month's end.
- Maintaining overall health & fitness by: Continue my Whole30 journey with the reintroduction process. Focus on my Food Freedom and understanding what that looks like for me. Workout five-six days per week with a mix of yoga, cardio and strength training sessions. Try out a new gym, University Ave CrossFit, for October's gym of the month blog focus. UPDATE ~ October was mostly successful when it comes to health & fitness. I didn't quite do the reintro from Whole30 that I'd hoped. While I managed to cook mainly Paleo meals at home, dining out was an entirely different story. In fact, just way to much dining out in general for October. I allowed some not-so-typical Food Freedom foods back into my diet and after my anxiety crept in a bit mid-late month I've definitely noticed. Workouts, however, were on point and I enjoyed my October featured gym, University Ave CrossFit. I had (and continue to have) a mild strain in my wrist which has put a damper on some of my workouts but I'm still able to get in 5-6 days a week modifying work as needed.
- Attend one or more social/networking event by the end of the month. October includes the next 5 Things event which I'm super stoked for! UPDATE ~ I attended both my monthly Tuesday's Together in October plus the 5 Things event I alluded too. I recapped 5 Things if you're interested in reading more about it!
- Continue work on growing my business, Blended Balance Fitness. Continue planning the next two Sweat CU (new name!) events. We've got our second one coming up this month, October 24th and then we are gearing up for our third event the first Saturday in November. Promote availability of online training as an option for attracting new clients. Utlize social media to expand brand presence. Lead a group workout for Illini CHAARG. Co-host a health & wellness event October 20th at En Route Fashion Boutique. Continue collaborations with local entpreneuers. UPDATE ~ Business has done well in October! I had a few successful events as mentioned in October's goal plus led a monthly neighborhood group workout. I'm continually working on growing social and have some exciting things in the works for the last couple months of the year. SWEAT CU is going well and we are gearing up for our third event in early November!
It totally feels like October was a one-week blur. As a family, we did several fun fall things (hiking, pumpkin patch visits, family theme costumes) which was one of my favorite things about the month. I made progress on a few personal and professional development areas but I slipped in others. I also slipped when it comes to nutrition but I've recognized my faults and know where I need to be better. I'm looking forward to a fresh month even if it does feel like winter already!
That all being said....let me line up my goals for November!!
November's Goals/Action Steps:
- Continued focus on my 'me time' routine. This includes but is not limited to meditation time, gratitude journaling, reading and other self-care type items. For November, my goal is to spend 10-15 minutes each morning creating and developing this routine.
- Plan a date night for my husband and make evening plans/dinner reservations.
- Continue my reading goal to one read one new self-care/self-improvement books plus finish last month's book by the end of November.
- Maintaining overall health & fitness by:
- Re-evaluate Food Freedom, what that looks like for me and how that will set me up for success heading into the holidays.
- Workout five-six days per week with a mix of yoga, cardio and strength training sessions.
- I won't be doing a new local gym this month, but am going to share a full review of all the gyms I've visited during my travels. Local gym of the month series will resume in December.
- Attend one or more social/networking event by the end of the month.
- Continue work on growing my business, Blended Balance Fitness.
- Host the third SWEAT CU event November 2nd and determine what plans we may develop for additional sessions throughout the winter months.
- Promote availability of online training as an option for attracting new clients.
- Utlize social media to expand brand presence.
- Continue collaborations with local entpreneuers.
- Attend TRX training certification.
- Start a new group fitness class at Poeta South.
- Launch my free end-of-year fitness program via social channels.
As before, and in line with my 2019 word of the year, BRAVE, I also want to do one thing this month that puts me outside of my comfort zone. Last month, my visit to the haunted house put me WAYYYY outside my comfort zone. I did not want to go, but in the spirit of being BRAVE I joined the group. It was not nearly as bad as I had told myself it would be!
What goals are you working on for the month of November or better yet the couple of months of 2019? I'd love to work together to keep each other motivated and hold each other accountable! I'm not sure where this year has went. It won't be long before it's time to sit down and review the full year and look ahead at 2020!
A look back at October through photos...