Hello, December and hello, holiday season! I'm still having a bit of a hard time believing it's actually December and we are in the final month of 2019. This year flew right on by! In any case, it's the most wonderful time of year and I am here for all the merriment and Christmas festivities that December has to offer! Not to mention that Christmas with kiddos is just the best! My little has THE MOST holiday cheer right now (Christmas clothes/pajamas every day, wearing elf/Santa hats to sleep, stars on all of the trees and reading all of the Christmas books are just a few things he's into right now) and I love every bit of it!
Even with all the hustle and bustle of December, I still wanted to do this goals post because it helps hold me accountable as we approach year end. I'm lightening up on a few of my stretch goals but most of my habitual goals are sticking around this month. I'm looking forward to ending 2019 on a high note. And, with a little extra focus on myself, my intentions and my goals, I will do just that!
Before diving into December's goals, time to take a quick review of how things ended up in November.
Looking back ~~ November Goal Review:
- Continued focus on my 'me time' routine. This includes but is not limited to meditation time, gratitude journaling, reading and other self-care type items. For November, my goal is to spend 10-15 minutes each morning creating and developing this routine. UPDATE ~ Hit and miss. I'm getting better but still not hitting this goal daily. Even with my focus on mindfulness with my end-of-year program, I'm falling short on this goal. It. Will. Happen. And isn't going anywhere.
- Plan a date night for my husband and make evening plans/dinner reservations. UPDATE ~ Not only did we have a date night in November, we had an entire date weekend/road trip/mini getaway to Nashville! So fun and a well deserved little vacay for just the two of us! Granted my husband had to work a portion of the time but we had lots of time together with a few 'just us' date nights while in Music City. You can check out a recap with lists of all my favorites on the blog.
- Continue my reading goal to one read one new self-care/self-improvement books plus finish last month's book by the end of November. UPDATE ~ Done and done. I finished Over the Top by Jonathan Van Ness and The School of Greatness by Lewis Howes. Loved them both!
- Maintaining overall health & fitness by: Re-evaluating Food Freedom, what that looks like for me and how that will set me up for success heading into the holidays. Workout five-six days per week with a mix of yoga, cardio and strength training sessions. I won't be doing a new local gym this month, but am going to share a full review of all the gyms I've visited during my travels. Local gym of the month series will resume in December. UPDATE ~ While my weekly workouts have been going strong, my diet has not been the greatest. I've stretched my Food Freedom limits a bit too far in November. For December, I'm going to work on reigning it in a bit while still enjoying all the holidays have to offer, #balance. I also decided to postpone my monthly gym series until January but I did write a post that included a full review of the 12 gyms I visited over the course of the last year.
- Attend one or more social/networking event by the end of the month. UPDATE ~ Between Thanksgiving and our Nashville trip, I didn't get to a lot of social events in November. I did, however, attend a Friendsgiving, a 'influencer' dinner and had a few fun coffee dates with friends!
- Continue work on growing my business, Blended Balance Fitness. Host the third SWEAT CU event November 2nd and determine what plans we may develop for additional sessions throughout the winter months. Promote availability of online training as an option for attracting new clients. Utlize social media to expand brand presence. Continue collaborations with local entpreneuers. Attend TRX training certification. Start a new group fitness class at Poeta South. Launch my free end-of-year fitness program via social channels. UPDATE ~ Business is continuing to grow which is super exciting! We had a small turnout for our SWEAT CU event, but it was fun nonetheless. I'm hopefull we can pull together another one in early 2020. I'm officially TRX suspension trainer qualified and my FREE end-of-year program has a dozen or so participants that are crushing their weekly workouts and challenges! I picked up one new client that is beginning in December and am continuing to find new ways to grow the business.
Okay, so now that I've given myself a review for November...I'm ready to line up my goals for December! Like I said, I'm stripping down some of my goals because December is crazy town with all the holiday festivities and fun. In any case, I've still got a few things I want to focus on and accomplish this month!
December's Goals/Action Steps:
- Continued focus on my 'me time' routine. This includes but is not limited to meditation time, gratitude journaling, reading and other self-care type items. For December, my goal remains to spend 10-15 minutes each day creating and developing this routine.
- Plan a date night for my husband and make evening plans/dinner reservations.
- Maintaining overall health & fitness by:
- Work on my Food Freedom/balanced eating throughout the holidays.
- Workout five-six days per week with a mix of yoga, cardio and strength training sessions.
- Attend one or more social/networking event by the end of the month.
- Continue work on growing my business, Blended Balance Fitness.
- Promote availability of online training as an option.
- Guest feature on ciLiving TV.
- Utlize social media to expand my community.
- Explore new collaboration opportunities with local entpreneuers.
- Continue promotion of my free end-of-year fitness program via social channels.
If I do something above and beyond for December in support of my word of the year BRAVE, awesome! But if I don't, I'm not going to sweat it. I've accomplished a lot in 2019 as a result of that one little word. I'd love to do a blog recap on ways I have became BRAVE in 2019. Writing that down here in hopes I can get that done in the new year!
Are you working on any year-end goals this month? I'd love to work together to keep each other motivated and hold each other accountable! Let's keep the momentum going this month, finish 2019 feeling our best and head into 2020 ready to rock the new year!
A look back at November through photos...